- new posts every sunday -

Saturday 24 May 2014

The Hay Festival

Hey guys!
So, I met Cassandra Clare. And it was awesome! A guy came up to me while I was queuing for book signings and said she could only dedicate one book to me but she would sign all others, so he stuck a sticky note with Bethan on it on Clockwork Princess (I chose that one because it's beautiful with the best ending ever!) So I'm standing in line, holding all five TMI books and the TID trilogy, feeling really awkward. I had 8 books piled in my arms and everybody in front and behind me only had one or two. So. Awkward. But I got to the table and she was so nice! She was there with her friend, Sarah Rees Brennan (she helped write the Bane Chronicles with her, which I have yet to read - they're e-books, so...) and I had the nicest conversation with them. Here's how it went down:

Me: H-hi...
Cassie: Hi, how are you?
Me: Er... Great, thanks.
*Puts books on table* *Cassie takes Clockwork Princess*
Sarah: Ooo, is that your favourite one?
Me: Yeah, I love it!
Sarah: Did you enjoy the ending?
Sarah: Or did you cry?
Cassie: Or both?
Me: Erm.. a little bit!
Cassie: I'm so glad. A lot of people think crying at books is a bad thing, but I always find it reassuring.
Me: Yeah, I understand.
*Cassie continues signing books*
Sarah: Did you cry at Deathly Hallows?
Me: No, I don't really cry at books but I was so emotional!
Sarah: I cried so hard! As did Cassie.
Cassie: Yeah, as soon as Hedwig died I was gone.
Me: Yeah, that was a hard death. So sad!
*Cassie finished signing books* *I awkwardly have picture with her*
Me: Thank you so much. I can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire. Hopefully it won't emotionally scar me.
Cassie: I don't think I can promise that...

The best conversation I've ever had. I walked away and started fangirling so. hard. Like, I just talked to two super nice authors about crying and Harry Potter. When does that happen??!! And she signed all 8 of my books - never met an author that signed 8 books!
Here's me and Cassie.
Best moment of my life (as well as meeting Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman. When I stepped on the 12th Doctor's foot.... I'm socially awkward, don't judge me) You can see my giant pile of books in the corner, and Sarah's cardigan sleeve in the bottom left corner :) They were so nice, oh my gosh >.< Also, never drag 8 books around all day - it hurts you shoulders. I'm aching so much right now! But it was worth it ;)

I am so excited for City of Heavenly Fire. I started reading Cress by Marissa Meyer yesterday because I know after CoHF, I will have the biggest book hangover ever, and I won't want to read Cress. So, I am on a strict schedule. It is 550 pages long exactly. And I started it on Friday, which gave me 5 and a bit days until CoHF comes out (it's a day late in the UK because of a bank holiday) So I need to read a minimum of 110 pages a day. I didn't do that on Friday because I was busy, but I caught up with that today and read the needed 110 pages, so I've read around 220 pages of it (I actually think I'm on page 231) The schedule is working!

Hay was so much fun :) It was really rainy, but fun! Helps that I met one of my favourite authors ^.^ Here are some pictures I took. And there's one at the end that my dad took of me in the Oxfam book tent. I quite liked it, so I decided to put it in this post :)














All photos belong to me - or my dad ;) - so no stealing please!

My braid was falling out in that picture - my hair is so messy! And the concentration on my face has I hunt for books - I look really intense....

I hope you enjoyed this brief post. I will be doing another award on Monday, so look out for that!
Thanks for reading

13 comments

  1. GURL that hair.... I love it! Is it naturally sort of curly or did you curl it? :)
    I'm so jelly you got to meet Cassandra Clare! ;) it sounds like you had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! It's naturally curly - you should see it when it's just dried from a wash, it goes so poofy and my fringe is practically a ringlet! :)
      Hehe, I nearly died in the talk, she asked if anybody was upset about a certain break up in City of Lost Souls and literally everybody, except the parents, put their hands up! I did, it was amazing >.<
      <3

      Delete
  2. You stepped on the 12th Doctor's foot!? LUCKY!
    Oh my gosh. I love your hair! I wish mine was curly, at least a little bit :) Oh. My. Gosh. I sooooo hate it when my hair falls out of my BRAID! Gaaahhh! Most annoying thing. Evah.
    That's cool you got to meet one of your favorite authors! :)
    Great post and awesome pictures! :)
    xo,
    -Anna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right! I'm so clumsy.... They were filming in a castle really close to where I live, so we drove there (only 15 minutes away!) and got pictures, but as I was walking away, I walked into Peter Capaldi and stepped on his foot.... Then he signed a piece of paper for me :)
      Thank you! It got so frizzy from all the rain, haha! I know, it's so annoying >.<
      I know, I was so lucky. It was an amazing experience. I was really lucky that my mum and brother had got in the queue early so I was right by the front, because when we left, the queue went all the way around the little grass courtyard area! :0
      Thank you! (sorry for the long comment haha!)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh. *note to self try try try to step on one of the Doctor's foot* xD That's awesome :)
      And I love long comments :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
    3. Haha, I must admit, it wasn't one of my life goals to step on the Doctor's foot, but it does make for an awesome story ;)
      Aw, same :) They make me smile because somebody has taken the time to write a long passage to me >.<

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. Oh! And By the way, I nominated you for an award on my blog! :)
    http://bananaandbear.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-leibster-award.html
    xo,
    -Anna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! You're too sweet ^.^ I'll do that on Monday :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
    2. You are very welcomed :) <3
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  4. Your so pretty! I wish I looked like that! And your hair, it beautiful!
    "That's what makes you beautiful!"
    He he, see what I did there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much! You're too sweet >.< Please, you're gorgeous! <3 Thank you ^.^
      Hehe, I see what you did there ;)

      <3

      Delete
  5. *squeals* AHHHH!!!! YAY, YOU MET CASSANDRA CLARE! Asdfghjk; I am SO happy for you! You totally deserve it. Congrats Bethan! :D :)

    You both look amazing! You remind me a lot of myself. >.< I would have carried all those books as well. XD #awkotaco

    Beautiful shots. <3 Asdfghjkl; The last picture of you. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful shot. <3 I love the concentration on your face, and how comfortable you look surrounded by the things you love.This could be my favorite out of the three pictures I've seen of you already. XD

    Anyways, look like you had an amazing time. :) <3

    xoxo,
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!!! In the book signing queue, I was literally just asdsdfkjaefgkvb ~(•-•)~ The whole time ;) Aw, thank you!

      Hehe, I was just thinking how similar we are ^.^ Yeah, only a book nerd like us would do that! My shoulder is still aching but it was worth it! #awkotacoforlife

      Thank you! Glad you liked them :) My dad is an amazing photographer, so he can make me look slightly okay-ish ;) Aww, that's so beautiful! Yup, I'm always most comfortable surrounded my books! I don't need to try hard for books, if you know what I mean. They don't judge like people. Which is why I haven't fixed my braid in the picture.... Awww, thank you so much <3

      I really did :) <3

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx