- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon

Hey, guys!
I have been severely behind on my reading. Really behind. I've had Scarlet (the second book in the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer) for over a week now and I'm only on chapter 10. Not good. So the tenth Bout of Books Read-a-Thon could not have come sooner.


It lasts from 12th May to 18th May and is basically just a "read as much as you can in these days" challenge. In this read-a-thon, I'm hoping to finish Scarlet and start Cress. I seriously need to finish the Lunar Chronicles because a) then I have read them and am up to date for the release of Winter in February next year and b) City of Heavenly Fire is coming out very soon and I am dropping any book in my hand and holding ma baby close! (I tried so hard not to type that sentence in capitals. I'm very proud of myself...)
So, yeah. Scarlet and Cress need to be finished by May 28th (yup, that's right. 28th. The release has been moved back a day because of a bank holiday. Not happy. I need that book now!!!!)
 If I finish both of those books and still have a while - 4+ days - to finish a book, I will read Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I can't wait to read it, as the first book (I'm not typing the title again...) was not what I expected at all - in a good way. It was so unique and brilliant. I am really excited to start the second book, so I would love to finish Scarlet and Cress and then have time to read and finish Hollow City before City of Heavenly Fire comes out.
If you've decided to take part in this read-a-thon, let me know in the comments below and tell me what you'll be reading :)
I will be doing updates every day of the read-a-thon to let you know how many pages I've read that day and stuff like that :)

Thanks for reading

4 comments

  1. Oh mah goodness, the Lunar chronicles are love-er-ly. I do so love them. <3
    It's really cool that you're doing Bout of Books! I'm not doing it myself but all the book-tubers I watch have been uploading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I read Cinder ages ago and was reading Scarlet but then a new book came out - I think it was the new Percy Jackson book or something - and I dropped Scarlet to read that. I've been meaning to re-read Cinder and Scarlet for ages and now that Cress is out I decided to :) I love them so much <3
      Yeah, I watch a lot of book-tubers and they were all doing it so I decided to do it as well, to help motivate me to read as I've been so busy and just haven't had the time to read and when I have I've been on the internet...oops...

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! I should try it sometime. :) <3

    Gah, you're just lovely. <3

    xoxo,
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it? I'm finding it so helpful at the moment, I've read so much more today because of this :) I'll be doing a little update thing later just to say how many pages I've read :)

      Awwww, thank you so much <3 you're so sweet <3

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx