- new posts every sunday -

Friday 18 July 2014

Creative Thursday: Tane's writing challenge + Paige's Photo Challenge: Category 3

Hi guys!
Sorry this is late, but last night I was packing for my holiday. :) I'm going to Devon with my family for all of next week, which is going to be really fun. I'm taking so many books to read!
Anyways, this is my entry for Tane's writing challenge - I really hope you like it!

*** 

I've been thinking. And I've realised I'm like a little flower. I'm fragile and oh-so delicate. You can crush me with your smallest finger and toss me aside like I'm nothing. And I am. Nothing, that is. I'm lively and bright and colourful with my armour, my petals. Pluck my petals - my jokes, my smiles, my laughter, my "I'm fine"s - and you see what I truly am. A tiny stump of a thing with nothing to hide behind, nothing for me to use as a shield. An ugly thing to be thrown away and forgotten about after no time at all. I really try to stay strong. But it's so hard. So, so, so hard when you have people staring at you, shouting at you, pointing out your flaws a million times over and moving on without you as if you're nothing. Which you are. I am nothing. Nothing. I just want to be loved and cared for and seen for who I truly am without being judged and tossed aside in disgust. I am hurting and I don't know how to stop it.

***

So there you go. I wrote that last week when I was a bit.... upset. As you can probably tell. *coughs*

Well, I hope you liked it.
You can join Tane's challenge too! Click here to go over to her BEAUTIFUL blog. :)

Fifth out of Ten Writing Challenge

And now for Paige's Photo Challenge - Category 3! The 3rd category was Nature. I took this photo when I went to Bristol Zoo with my school yesterday, in the Butterfly Forest area.


Bristol Zoo was amazing. :) The penguins and seals were so cute!

Love you guys!
Thanks for reading.

10 comments

  1. That was simply beautiful! You have such a talent! I feel like that too somethings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Bethan.
    Your entry was incredibly beautiful. Thank you so much for entering.
    And, I just wanted to say-
    I know exactly how that feels - more than words I know how that feels. To feel like nothing.
    But I promise you this. You are way more than something, and so far from nothing.
    Love you-- thank you so much for entering. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That means a lot to me, it really does. Every time somebody compliments on my writing, I feel so special. I always appreciate it. Of course I entered! How could I not?
      I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Words can't describe how much better I feel now, after reading your comment. Thank you.

      Love you too - it was my pleasure. <3

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. Your entry for the writing challenge was so beautiful Bethan! Simply amazing! I suppose we all have our moments of hopelessness and self-doubt (I'm not even sure what to call it) but you portray it so well and it's something that I guess only very talented writers can do. Stunning, breath-taking paragraph, dear! ♥

    http://thebitchslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Reading that comment made my day. It really does mean a lot to me.
      I like to express strong emotions through writing - whether that is happiness, or anger, or, in this case, helplessness and sadness. I'm so glad people like it and understand what I'm going through.

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  4. I could tell that you were hurting when you wrote that. But to me, that made it all the more beautiful. It gave it a more real, raw experience. And I hope that when you wrote it, letting those feelings onto paper {er-- on the screen :p} made you feel better.
    Anyway, I loved it! I would have loved it no matter how you felt when you wrote it. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a release for me - I needed to get my feelings out that day, and then when I read it a few days later, I kinda liked it. And I liked it because it was raw and real, like you said - I hadn't held back when I wrote this. I was letting the words flow out of me like my tears.
      Letting it out onto paper (it was originally written on paper XD) really did make me feel better. :)
      Aw, thank you so much! That really does mean a lot to me. <3

      Love ya!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx