- new posts every sunday -

Monday 23 June 2014

Hmmm...What to post?

Hey, guys! I hope you had a great weekend. :)
Another general life update post today, as I've had a bit of a lapse in blog post ideas...Let me know in the comments below if you enjoy and would like to see some book tags, because I will do some (I have a list from watching far too many BookTube videos....)
Reading update, I finished Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins on Friday (I know the title makes it sound a bit weird....but it's because she's kissed...in France...by someone French...do you see? It isn't weird, I swear) It was so cutesie and adorable! I really enjoyed it, but Anna (the main character) annoyed me a little bit. She just seemed a little bit whiny and back-stabby? But she had her good moments, and the other characters were great.
I then read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith on Saturday, which was so. adorable. I definitely preferred this to Anna and the French Kiss - I loved the main character and the whole story idea and the way it was written was awesome. :) It was only around 218 pages, so I finished that the day I started it, Saturday, and then did homework, so I didn't read anymore that day (but I'd just finished a book, so I wasn't feeling too bad. ;) ) I then started 0.4 by Mike Lancaster on Sunday. This. Book. Oh. My. Goodness. SO GOOD. I JUST..... I wuv it... I am really hope there is a third book... I started it in bed when I woke up, at around 8 and finished it at 10. It was around 270 pages (I think it was 273, something like that) but I think having read it before helped me read it faster as I didn't have to pay as much attention as I usually do to books. 2 books in a weekend isn't bad, in my opinion.
I'm now reading The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks (as you can see over there, under my 'Currently Reading' title thing ------>) and it is really good so far! It won the Carnegie Medal (officially) and I can see why. Really good at the moment, I can tell it's just going to get better and better. It's also super disturbing, so if you pick it up, don't read it before bed....

Also, have any of you guys seen TFIOS yet? Oh. My. Gosh. It was just a room of teenage girls sobbing for 2 and a half hours... I cried so much..Going into the toilets afterwards was really funny, because it was full of girls wiping their eyes, dabbing at mascara, reapplying foundation and fanning their eyes with their hands. I was one of them. Charlotte refused to go in there because she knew what it would be like, haha! I sobbed like a baby. It's amazing though, seriously. :}

As it is finally Summer and finally warm, it's time for the upbeat, summer music! And I have been loving listening to Postcards by James Blunt. It's sooooo good! I wuv it!


It's such a great summer song. :)

Urgh, I am so tired...Maybe it's the heat, or that Summer Holidays are so close, but I'm just exhausted... I'm kind of panicking about my Science coursework - it makes up 25% of my grade, so it's really important. We've already done 2/3 of it, and I have the final third tomorrow and Thursday - I'm stressing!
I'm looking forward to the Summer Holidays so much - I have a lot of reading I want to get done!

It's so nice now that it's warm finally, but it's bordering on too hot, which isn't so great. I hate being too hot - it gives me a headache. :( Summer gives me so many opportunities for photos, so I've been taking advantage! You guys will probably have a photo post soon. :]

I hope you've been enjoying my story for Celia's writing challenge - please leave me any feedback you have in the comments below - I'm really enjoying writing it. Hopefully she'll post about Chapter Five in time for this week's Creative Thursday, or at least soon. :)

Thanks for reading, guys

Love you all!

6 comments

  1. Those books sound great! I'm currently reading 'The book thief' and 'A swiftly tilting planet' and they are both awesome!
    -Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I want to read The Book Thief so much! It is really high on my TBR list :) I haven't heard of that second one, I'll have to check it out!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know right :) So many good books to read, so little time...

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
    2. I watched and read TFIOS. It was sad but I didn't cry because of how a character's death was introduced. At the movie theater I went to, there were teenagers sobbing and crying just like the movie theater you went to. It is a really sad story though.

      Delete
    3. I didn't cry at the book but the film :(
      I think that was the case for a lot of cinemas... It is very sad!

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx