- new posts every sunday -

Monday 24 March 2014

The Elemental Book Covers Tag

Bonjour!
Today, I'm going to be doing the Elemental Book Covers tag, as you can see by the title of this post. I saw some Youtubers I watch do this tag and it looked fun - I have a list of tags they have done that look really cool, so expect more of these in the future. I watched Ariel, from arielbissett and Christine, from polandbananasbooks do this tag, but I know so many other YouTubers have done this tag!

Question 1:
Find a book with water on the cover and a book with blue on the cover.

Okay! For a book with water on the cover, I chose City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare and for a book with blue on the cover I chose, of course, The Fault in our Stars by John Green.


















See? Water at the bottom :) And blue all over the cover of TFIOS.
I really enjoyed City of Ashes - it is the second book in the Mortal Instruments series. The 6th book comes out May 27th, which I am so excited for! The Fault in our Stars is a brilliant book, you should definitely read it if you haven't - if you haven't, I don't know where you've been...

Question 2:
Find a book with fire on the cover and a book with red on the cover.

For a book with fire, I chose the Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and for a book with red on the cover, I chose the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.


















I read The Hobbit a while ago, around when I was ten I think, so I don't remember much. I know I really enjoyed it though! I'm hoping to re-read it sometime this year. Mockingjay...I have mixed feelings. It's definitely not my favourite in the trilogy, but I think it is still a really good book. I don't know how I feel about the ending...I don't know. I did really like this book though, it just wasn't my favourite.

Question 3:
Find a book with something earth related on the cover and a book with green on the cover.

For a book with something earth related, I chose the Tales of Beedle the Bard, by J. K. Rowling. However, I didn't know if this would count because it's a spin off of the Harry Potter series, so I also chose Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery, which I read when I was younger. I still have it on my bookshelf because it has a really pretty cover. For a book with green on the cover, I chose Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.




The Tales of Beedle the Bard has vines and a tree trunk on it, see? But just in case, Anne of Green Gables has a tree on it. Isn't it a gorgeous cover?! I love The Tales of Beedle the Bard - the stories in there are great, with Albus Dumbledore's notes about the stories afterwards. I remembering liking Anne of Green Gables as well and I love Uglies.

Question 4:
Find a book with air on the cover and a book with white/grey on the cover.

Okay, I don't know how you show air...Like fog? Or...I don't know! I picked Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because Harry is flying, so air rushing around him? I really didn't know for this one! And for a cover with white/grey on it, I picked the Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore. It's the third book in the Lorien Legacies, which is a sci-fi series. I really like them!

Harry's flying, and his hair and robes and being pushed backwards, so air? I was really confused on that one! The Rise of Nine has white/grey sky on it. They are really good books, please pick them up if you're a fan of sci-fi because I really like them!

And finally,
Question 5:
Find a book with blue, red, green and white on the cover.

For this, I chose Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Blue around the title, green for Harry Potter and around J. K. Rowling's name, red for the fire and white for Albus Dumbledore's beard. Success! Love this book as well, the Harry Potter series is amazing!

So that is the Elemental Book Covers tag! I had a lot of fun trying to find these covers. I hope you enjoyed this post.
Thanks for reading <3

xoxo,
Bethan

2 comments

  1. I enjoyed this post very much! :D Maybe I'll try doing something similar to this post, on my blog. :} If that's okay of course.

    xoxo,
    Mackenzie

    P.S. I'm reading City Of Ashes right now! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'm glad - I enjoyed doing it!! Yes, of course that's fine - in fact, I tag you ;) Just so you have an excuse to do it, not that you need one :) It was really fun to do because it was actually quite challenging!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      P.S. Oh my gosh, it's really good! City of Glass (the third one) is my favourite, but I love them all :) I hope you enjoy them! <3

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx