- new posts every sunday -

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Writer's Block

Hey guys! I finished Pretties yesterday - wow. I have already ordered the last book in the Uglies trilogy, Specials, so hopefully Amazon will deliver that soon :) I've just started The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, so I'll soon be able to delete that from my 2014 reading list - yay! I'm only a few pages in (not sure how many because I'm reading it on my Kindle) but it is already really good!
I thought I'd post today about something that has been....bothering me for a while. I have a terrible case of Writer's Block. And I mean, terrible. It is literally like my brain has built a dam, blocking off the part in my mind where all my story ideas are created and held until I write them down somewhere - normally my arm. It's like my brain is laughing at me like "hahaha, you can't have your story ideas!" I'm really struggling to think up a story idea which is annoying because I've just created an account on a website called Camp NaNoWriMo - it stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is a website that helps you write and complete your novel. You enter the title, the front cover and write. You enter how many words you have written in a day and it tells you when you should be finished. I'll leave the link below! I joined and though "Oh great, now I can finish my novel" Then I realised, I have no novel. No ideas. None at all.
I want to start writing again but I have no idea what to write about? So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to cure Writer's Block. Any ideas will help! I just feel like one tiny hole and everything will come flooding back and I'll soon be writing again.
So, it will probably be poetry for the next few Thursdays until this writer's block goes. And even then, I think I'll keep my story to myself, just in case it doesn't work out >.<
I'll post something tomorrow.
Bye guys!

xoxo,
Bethan

Here's that link - http://campnanowrimo.org/

No comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx