- new posts every sunday -

Friday 24 January 2014

Book Haul

Hey guys! Sorry, no Creative Thursday - As hard as I tried, I couldn't muster one verse of a poem.
So I decided to leave it and instead, am doing a book haul! As you can see on the side of my blog, I have so many books to read! Well, I am finally reading a few of them and have added a few more...oops!
So, the first book is one on my 2014 reading list. I bought it on my new Kindle :) It's called The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Here's the blurb:
"After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up."

It's a sci-fi, but I think that even if you don't really like sci-fi, you'd still enjoy this book. I'm only a little way through, but am loving it! The second book, The Infinite Sea, comes out on September 16th this year - I can't wait!

The next book is the third and final book in the Uglies trilogy, Specials, by Scott Westerfeld. I finished Pretties only a few days ago and immediately ordered this book because I could NOT wait. Thank goodness for Christmas money. I literally wait until my birthday or Christmas and then buy far too many books >.< I'm not sorry... Blurb below!


**************************SPOILERS BELOW*****************************
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ UGLIES/PRETTIES, SKIP THIS BIT!
************************************************************************



 "When she is turned into a super-modelesque super-fighting machine, Tally, a former ugly, is ordered to keep the uglies down and the pretties stupid in a carefully engineered world of perfection where she refuses to play by the rules."
I can't wait to read this. I think I'll read it after I've finished The 5th Wave - I don't think I can wait any longer!

The third book is The Resistance by Gemma Malley. It's the second book after The Declaration, which is the book I finished recently. I can't wait to read it! Here's the blurb:


******************************SPOILERS BELOW**************************************
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON READING THE DECLARATION SKIP PLEASE!*******************





"The year is 2140. Having escaped the horrors of Grange Hall, Peter and Anna are living freely on the Outside, trying hard to lead normal lives, but unable to leave the terror of the Declaration—and their experiences as surpluses—completely behind them. Peter is determined to infiltrate Pharma Corporation, which claims to have a new drug in the works; "Longevity+" will not just stop the ravages of old age, it is rumored to reverse the aging process. But what Peter and Anna discover behind the walls of Pharma is so nightmarish it makes the prison of their childhood seem like a sanctuary: for in order to supply Pharma with the building blocks for Longevity+, scientists will need to harvest it from the young."
I'm very excited to read this!

The last book I got was the final book in The Declaration trilogy, The Legacy. I'm not going to show you the blurb because I don't want to see the blurb. I don't want to read any spoilers in the blurb, if that makes sense. But I am very excited to read it!

I would definitely recommend any of these books. They are such great reads :)
I'll post something next week. 
Hopefully Creative Thursday will start again! Fingers crossed.
Bye guys and thanks for reading <3




                                                xoxo,
                                                Bethan







No comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx