- new posts every sunday -

Monday 15 September 2014

Mockingjay: Part 1 Official Trailer Talk

Hey guys!
Oh my goooooooddnnnneeeesssss!!!! MOCKINGJAY TRAILER IS OUT FINALLY!!!!!!



I have goosebumps... I've already watched it.... *counts on fingers....and toes* 14 times. A lot of that was so I could analyse it but... actually, all of it was for funsies. But I was analysing as I watched.

*WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ MOCKINGJAY OR THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY, LEAVE NOW. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS*




~(•-•~)



Okay. So it starts off with a hovercraft flying over the woods with Katniss and the gang (wat) in it. I'm assuming this is taking off straight after Catching Fire, so this hovercraft is going to District 13 or, like the book, is taking Katniss to District 12 (I'm hoping it's this option). During this, Katniss is giving a monologue, or so we assume. It then turns out she's talking to Snow - like Skype. But cooler. Snow says something about "The things we love the most destroy us" ya da ya da. More weird Snow logic.
Then we get our first proper look at DISTRICT 13. And it is AMAZING! Boring and grey and run like a machine, just how I pictured it. We see Katniss going down in a lift and then she's trying out her awesome bow and arrow with Beetee, who is in his wheelchair. We also get our first look at District 13 Effie, pinning the Mockingjay badge on Katniss. I know Effie isn't in District 13 for a lot of Mockingjay, but I think she'll be a great add in, especially with the loss of Philip Seymour Hoffman. He missed some scenes, and I think some of his lines were given to Effie.
We get a look at Gale shooting his gun crossbow thing and blowing up some targets, and then Katniss in her mockingjay outfit with her awesome bow and arrow. There are some people charging through mist or water or something at peacekeepers who are firing guns. Seems like a district riot to me! 
It cuts to a scene in what I assume is the District 13 cafeteria. The TV is one and Peeta is speaking from the Capitol, telling everyone to lay down their weapons. (Peeta why?! *cries*) Haymitch talks to Katniss and tells her that Peeta is the Capitol's weapon, like Katniss is their's. We see Katniss talking to President Coin and Plutarch, telling them that they need to rescue Peeta as soon as possible or they can themselves another mockingjay. 
FINNICK.
Katniss picks up a white rose in a vase. This is obviously when she goes back to her house in the Victor's Village and finds the rose in her bedroom. I don't think this is her bedroom, but it's still her house. This bit creeped me out.
Then; Katniss in (I'm assuming) the District 8 'hospital' with everyone doing the three-fingered salute thing. 
Right, this next bit of them bungee jumping down a tunnel or something - is this a Peeta rescue mission? That's my theory, anyways.
We then see the bombing of District 13 - I think. Katniss and the gang are underground and dust is falling from the ceiling. Everybody looks a bit worried. So I'm assuming it's the bombing.
There's a scene of a damn breaking and Katniss standing under rain or water or whatever. I have no idea what that's about
We see the attack on District 8, which is one of my favourite scenes in Mockingjay. It doesn't go in to too much detail. It just shows Gale and Katniss aiming their gun/bow and fire at Capitol hovercrafts and blow them up. Awesome!

And then I explode because it ends. Such. A. Good. Trailer.

Thanks for reading guys. Love you all

6 comments

  1. Oh my goodness I can't WAIT for Mockingjay to come into theaters!!! I'm so excited! HG is one of my favorite series of all time :)

    hugs

    ~Maiya~ http://maiyamac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's going to be amazing! It's probably my all time favourite trilogy - I love it so much. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Hey Bethan! I tagged you for a blog award! http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/ Its really easy, so no worries about having to fill out a million questions and going to tag like, 25 people! Haha! I also mentioned you in it if you wanna take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll do it as soon as I can but homework is keeping me from blogging!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited! I love The Hunger Games! Now I can relive my sorrow of losing Prim!
    Chloee
    irishgirlwithacrazylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Even my teachers know. A teacher I had last year asked me if I had seen the trailer and how many times.... It's getting out of hand.... I know! So sad. :(

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx