- new posts every sunday -

Monday 22 September 2014

Load of tags smooshed together

Hello!
Now... I know I didn't post anything on Thursday. But I have so much homework and stuff and then on Thursday my brother was doing this sports coaching thing and the beach was quite close so parents just said "Let's go to the beach" So we did. I took quite a few pictures but I can't really be bothered to upload them today... Sowwy. I'm tired. What my plan is it to write my Monday/Tuesday post and my Creative Thursday post on the weekend and then all I'll have to do is open up blogger and click Publish instead of spending a while typing when I should be doing homework. I'm actually doing that now - today is Sunday. But when you read this, it'll be Monday. I especially need to do the writing ahead of time thing because my Thursday posts are going to be longer as I need to be writing my chapters for the C.C.C.WC. So that's just my plan.
Anyways! I've been tagged for a couple of cool new tags so I've (as you can see by the title) smooshed them all together to make this post. :) I'm just going to dive right in.

The first tag is the Tribute to Writers tag. The wonderful Kat from (Almost) Completely Mad tagged me in this. Thank you, you beautiful girl. ♥ Go check out her awesome blog!

{via}

Rules:
1. Answer all the questions
2. Put the button in your post and link it back to Jollygirl
3. Say what you love about writing. If you don't like writing, then there's no need for you to do this tag
4. Share one piece of your writing
5. Nominate 3 other writers/bloggers and make up 5 new questions for them to answer
6. Have fun!

Questions:

1. What is your favourite type of writing?
Novels/stories, poetry and those little paragraph things I do. (like Kat said) I don't know whether they're poetry or what, but yeah. Those types.

2. When did you start writing?
I actually can't remember. I don't remember learning to read or write stories or deciding my dream was to be an author. They've just always been part of me.

3. Your favourite author?
We've been over this. I have several. Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare, J.K.Rowling, John Green, Rick Riordan. Many others.

4. Have you ever finished a novel?
Nope. Never. I have always given up and thought it wasn't good enough. I got to one of the last chapters of one before, but then I stopped pursuing it. I really want to though.

5. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate writing?
I can't rate writing because it is who I am. I am writing. Writing is me. I am incomplete without it and I cannot rate part of my soul with a number.

Why I like writing:
As I just said, writing is part of my soul. It's the only way I can express my feelings and thoughts without screaming and crying. I just let them flow out of me so that I don't explode.

A piece of my writing:

The sky is dark with grey clouds and I hear a faint rumbling coming from above. The rain will start soon. I need to get under cover. I re-adjust the bag strap on my shoulder, causing the satchel to bump against my thigh. It's heavy, filled with boxes of hair dye, different pairs of glasses, several sets of clothes and shoes, a variety of makeup and contact lenses for each eye colour. Everything in the bag is different. Different colours, different shapes and sizes, different styles.

The wind is cold today. It's harsh and cruel, unlike yesterday's light summer breeze that cooled my hot cheeks and brushed my hair away from my face in a gentle caress.

Yesterday, I was a petite girl, with straight blonde hair and blue eyes. I wore a colourful dress and shoes with bows. I had pink lips, rosy cheeks and gold eye shadow to bring out my eyes. My nails were long and fake, painted a pastel blue.

Today, I am tall, the heels inside my black trainers hidden. I have wavy brown hair and grey eyes, hidden behind huge glasses. I wear a minimal amount of makeup, a deep red lipstick and a smudge of eyeliner all that is noticeable. My nails are short and bitten, drumming a fast beat against my leg. I wear ripped jeans, a plain t-shirt and a dark jacket. I blend in to the grey setting, invisible, just like the girl I was yesterday - the same as every other girl walking on the beach,

The ruthless wind presses an escaped curl across my neck like a noose and pushes my hood down. I yank it back up and hold it around my face. I don't think anybody saw me. I quickly glance around before prying the strand of hair off my neck and pushing the fake glasses up my nose. They're a bit too big, but they're do for now. I just need something to make me look different until I get to the train station. The glasses, plus the dark lipstick, plus the brown hair, are all I need to blend in, to become someone else.

As long as I look nothing like the girl in the posters.

I tag:
Madeline // In the Wind

Your Questions:
1. Your favourite author?
2. Would you like to write professionally?
3. Your favourite book?
4. What is your favourite type of writing?
5. When did you start writing?

Tag number 2! Tour Through Blogland. I was tagged by the absolutely amazing Eve from Eve of Womanhood. Check out her beautiful blog.

{via}

If you are tagged, answer the questions I answered:

1. What am I working on?
I am currently working on Celia's Writing Challenge. It's so much fun, but I'm just trying to find the time to write. I'm also working on several book reviews for Anna's new book review collab blog We Are The Readers which I am an author of.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I'm not really sure... I'm quite honest with you all. I tell you when I've had an awful day and I'll usually express that in writing. I tell you what's going on in my life and I'm quite friendly with you all. I like to think of you all as my buddies, so I treat you as such. XD

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
Because I love it. That's the simple answer. I love writing for you all, reading your lovely comments when I get home from a terrible day at school, talking to new people who share the same interests as me and making new friends. I blog because I love it.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?
Well, I'll try to think of a post idea, or in cases like these, I'll have something I need to do, like a load of tags or a book haul or a monthly wrap up. Then I'll type it up, add pictures if I need to and link to people's blogs that I've mentioned. I'll scan through it once more and then publish it. If I have writer's block, I'll just post a general life update.

I tag:
Madeline // In the Wind
Megan // The Life of Meg

Number 3! The 20 things tag. Thank you, Lizzie from Castle in the Air, for tagging me and answering a very sweet question with my name. :) You magnificent girl. :)

If you're tagged, just answer these questions:

1. How tall are you?
I think I'm around 5ft 2"

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so what?
Um... no, I don't think so. I can touch my nose with my tongue?

3. What's your biggest blog related pet-peeve?
When blogger changes the size of my text halfway through a post and it's either too small to read or too big so I have to type it up all over again... -_-

4. What's your biggest non-blog related pet-peeve?
When people say "It's more funnier than" or "It's more simpler". No. It's either more funny or more simple OR funnier or simpler. Pick one! Also when people mix up your/you're. I'm a grammar freak.... which is why I have a heart attack when I notice a typo in a blog post >.<

5. What's your favourite song?
I have three at the moment. It changes all the time. But at the moment, I'm loving:

Shake it off // Taylor Swift
Amnesia // 5sos
Say you love me // Jessie Ware

That last song is AMAZING. Check it out please. So good. But all of them are. :)

6. What's your favourite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
I don't have an Etsy shop and I don't really shop on Etsy because it's all American so it's pain to ship.

7. What's your favourite way to spend your free time when you're alone?
Reading. Reading. Blogging. Reading. Reading. Reading. Reading.

8. What's your favourite junk food?
I mean, I love popcorn. But definitely chocolate!

9. Do you have a pet or pets?
Yeeeesss, I have a super cute 4 year old golden retriever dog called Ruby. I've shown you her before. :)

10. What are your number one favourite non-fiction and fiction books?
Hmmm... I don't read a lot of non-fiction books. I love Anne Frank's diary. Or my Greek myths book. Does that count as non-fiction? As for fiction, we've been over this. Hunger Games, Divergent, TMI, TID, tfios, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson etc.

11. What's your favourite beauty product?
Um... I don't wear a lot of makeup. So, my concealer. lol.

12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
I can't remember as I'm embarrassed a lot... But when I met Peter Capaldi and Jenna Louise Coleman, I turned around and walked right into Peter Capaldi.... and I stepped on his foot..... Pretty sure my face was bright red. He still asked if I wanted my notebook signed though, sooo.....

13. If you could drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmmm.... I love smoothies. Or lemonade. Or Diet Coke.

14. What's your favourite movie?
Again, I have loads. I'll go with non book-to-movie adaptations. All the Marvel films. About Time. The Way Way Back. Prisoners. The Dead Poets Society, which I just watched today. Yeah, I'll go with those.

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
Well, I'm still in high school. Somewhere between a nerd and artist. But I'm just sort of normal really.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Where I live now or Greece. :)

17. PC or Mac?
PC.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush/date/boyfriend/girlfriend?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

19. Favourite celebrity?
Benedict Cumberbatch. David Tennant. Jennifer Lawrence. Tom Hiddleston. Shailene Woodley. And others.

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
Too many! But why does it have to be a secret? Rose. Kenzie. Madeline. Kat. And of course Lizzie.

I tag:
Madeline // In the Wind
Megan // The Life of Meg

And finally. The Chocolate Book tag! I was tagged by Eve again. The link to her blog is up by the Tour Through Blogland tag. I'm going to bed soon, so I won't be putting any blurbs, just a brief description of the book.


1. Dark Chocolate - A book that covers a dark topic
For this I chose The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks. Basically, this boy is kidnapped and is trapped in an old war bunker with five other people and they have to try and figure out a way to escape.
Really good. Really dark. Really creepy.

2. White Chocolate - Your favourite light-hearted, humorous read
Definitely Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Cath is one half of identical twins. She goes to college and her twin begins to pull away. She has to deal with a load of stuff but it is so funny and so relatable!

3. Milk Chocolate - A book that has lots of hype and that you are dying to read
Definitely the Throne of Glass trilogy by Sarah J Maas. The main character is an assassin. That just instantly sounds amazing

4. Chocolate with a caramel centre - A book that made you feel all gooey inside
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith. I don't own this book but I borrowed it from the library and LOVE IT! So cute and adorable. Hadley has just missed her flight to her dad's wedding, but Oliver is on her new flight and it's just super adorable!

5. Wafer-free Kit Kat - A book that surprised you
Hmm.... 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad. Such a brilliant sci-fi book - it would make an amazing film! I wasn't expecting a lot but boy was I surprised!

6. Snickers - A book that you're going nuts for
I have just finished the Vampire Academy series and oh my goodness they are amazing! I won't go into too much detail because I'll make them sound so cheesy, but just... just pick them up and read them right now! Rose has such great character development, it is unbelievable. I wasn't too fond of her in the first book - she was quite arrogant and annoyed me a little bit - but by the end of Last Sacrifice, she's a proper heroine.

7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshamllows - A book that you go to for a comfort read
Hmm.... The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's not exactly calming and comforting, but it doesn't get any worse and it always hooks me and drags me away from this world and into that world. Which is good. I probably want to escape from this world if I'm seeking a comfort read.
(this is the original cover that I have :D )

8. A box of chocolates - Which series have you read that is great for everybody?
Either the Harry Potter series or the Percy Jackson series/Heroes of Olympus series. Because there's a good balance of male and female characters in both, so it's not strictly a male or female book. The humour is great, as are the plots, characters and action. They're just great for everybody, read them!
(These are the UK Harry Potter covers. And these are the US PJO and HOO covers because I couldn't find a picture of all of the UK covers together. I couldn't even find a picture of all the US covers together - this one misses out House of Hades)

I tag:
Madeline // In the Wind

And that is the end of this tag post! I hope you enjoyed it. I now really want chocolate.... mmmmm...

Thanks for reading. Love you all.

15 comments

  1. I LOVE DEAD POET'S SOCIETY. It just so close to reality that... I cried so much. And then at the end!! "Thank you boys."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so sad. :( Yes! When they all stand up on the desks and say "Oh Captain, my captain" So emotional!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Hahah I really did enjoy reading this! You always squash many things into one post- it's an art! <3 Great, great post! We have so much in common! x Yasmine | Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm glad you see it that way. Sometimes I feel like I'm just being lazy - I'm so glad you love my squash-y posts. :) Aha, that's cool! Glad I'm not the only one like me. >.<

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. I love all your answers!! I'll have to do a post similar to this sometime. I have so many tags to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I always end up with a bajillion (new number) tags to do, so squashed posts like this have to happen. XD

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post! You have an awesome blog!:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. :)
      I've followed your amazing blog. Just spent ages scrolling through and reading all your posts! They're all amazing. :D

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  5. I tagged you for the 20 things you may not know about me tag and the chocolate book tag, but I see you've already done it! :)
    http://thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com/2014/09/tag-type-things.html
    Make sure to follow my blog! ;)
    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha aww, well thank you anyway! I just have. :) And thanks for sending me a friend request on Goodreads - love Goodreads. :D

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  6. Hey Bethan! I was wondering if you would like to enter my Autumn Writing Challenge. Here is the link: http://thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com/p/cacawc.html
    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to but I am really busy with school and homework and it's a struggle to blog anyway without more writing. I'm already struggling with Celia's Writing Challenge. I would love to, I just don't have the time sorry!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  7. Aww, thank you. <3 Okay, I'll check it out but school is drowning me in work at the moment, which is so annoying!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx