- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 29 April 2014

So I didn't know what to post...

Hi, guys!
I have no idea what to post... But I felt bad not posting, so I'm posting anyways >.<

Have you seen the new extended TFiOS trailer? It's so beautiful, it makes me want to cry :( It's below in case you haven't seen it :}


I'm going to put a box of tissues in my bag when I go see it. Not joking, I am actually taking a tissue box. I'll need it...

In other news, it's my friend Olivia's birthday today, so happy birthday Liv!
{here's a little button thingy I made because I was bored}

It is also my dog Ruby's birthday today. She's four but she's still a giant puppy at heart :)

Isn't she adorable? ^.^

If you hadn't heard, Allegiant is now being split into two parts, which I don't really understand. I understand why Mockingjay was split into two parts, and why the Deathly Hallows was split in half, because both of those books have a lot of stuff going on in them and they just couldn't fit all of it in one film. But Allegiant...I don't understand. I feel like they just did it to make more money out of it, which I'm kind of annoyed about :/

City of Heavenly Fire has been moved back a day here in the UK because of a bank holiday or something? So, one more day to wait :( But I read an excerpt from the first chapter and it was amazing. I can't wait, but I'm also really scared...I don't want anybody to die and I don't want this series to end! I can't wait to meet Cassandra Clare on 24th May :)

I've read 15 books out of my target of 50 on Goodreads, which I'm pleased with and I'm currently writing a review on the book Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell for the Carnegie competition I mentioned a while ago - there's a link to the post here. I explain it right at the bottom.

I'm re-reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer, which is just as amazing as I remember. I can't wait to finish it and move on to Scarlet, the second one. The Lunar Chronicles are all re-tellings of fairy tales, but they're set in the future and the characters from one book appear in another. Cinder is about Cinderella, but she lives in New Beijing, there's a plague going around and Cinder is a cyborg. Scarlet is about Little Red Riding Hood, Cress is about Rapunzel and the new book coming out in February next year is called Winter, so I'm assuming it's about Snow White. Awesome, right?!

I'm having a bit of an off day. It's one of those ones where you want to scream and break down and cry and slide down the wall and curl into a ball, but you have no idea why. Hopefully it will stop soon. I doubt it.

I'm feeling really tired at the moment, but I need to practise piano and revise for a maths test. I want to read, but I get distracted by different jobs and things that need doing, and sometimes just the internet. I'm stressing because I start my GCSEs next year and it's the beginning of so many exams. I simultaneously want to be completely alone and want to have someone hug me and hold me and stroke my hair and tell me it's okay.

I want to write a book and finish it and be proud of it. I have ideas and scenes and characters sitting in my brain but I can't force them onto a page. I worry that my blog isn't good, that my posts are rubbish and that people read my writings and look at my blog and laugh. I'm scared that my friends secretly think I'm a horrible person because I'm a complicated, broken mess that must be really annoying to be around....
I'm worried I'm writing this blog for nothing.

I don't know. This was a weird post but I just needed to write everything down. Sorry for dumping my feelings on you.

I love you guys
Whoever reads this. If anybody actually does.

xoxo,
Bethan

2 comments

  1. I read it. <3
    And, for goodreads: do you enjoy it? I've been wanting to get an account for a while but I'm not really good at forming my thoughts of a book into a solid review. ^.^ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3
      Oh, I love goodreads! Neither can I, I'm not very good at reviewing books other than "asdfaifbvspkfjv it's amazing". I use it for finding new books, rating them and recommending books to people. I think you should definitely get it :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx