- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 8 April 2014

My Life in Books tag

Bonjour! It's another tag post today - I had no idea what to post today, and I remembered seeing Ariel from arielbissett and Christine from polandbananasbooks on YouTube do this tag. It looked really fun, so I thought I'd do it instead of not posting.

Question 1:
Find a book that has a title beginning with the same letter as each of your initials.

Okay, so my full name is Bethan Mary Downs. For B, I struggled - there are no books beginning with B! But I finally found one - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. For M, I picked Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. And lastly, for D, I picked Divergent by Veronica Roth, which I don't have at the moment because I let my friend borrow it, so I have Delirium by Lauren Oliver as a back up.



I didn't love Beautiful Creatures, I'll be honest. I felt like all the books could have been half the length and found them confusing. Mockingjay I loved. Wasn't my favourite out of the three books, but I still enjoyed it. I love Divergent and I enjoyed Delirium. I've just finished the second book, Pandemonium, which I really liked. Quite a nice bunch of books in this question!

Question 2:
Count your age along your bookshelf and see which book you are.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,......... I don't know whether this is left to right or right to left, so I did it both ways. Either way, I'm really pleased with this! Left to right I got Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J K Rowling and right to left I got The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I love both of these books. Harry Potter was my childhood and this series means so much to me. It started my fandom life, in a way. And The Hunger Games is my favourite trilogy - well, one of. Joint with Divergent I think. Happy with both of these!











Question 3:
Find a book set in your city/state/country.

Well, as I don't live in America, I don't live in a state, so that's ruled out. I was looking for a book set in either the UK, or Wales. Hmmm......Does Clockwork Princess count? They go to Wales at the end and during it..does that count? But it isn't set in Wales....Oooh, I know one! It just so happens that I have taken Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children out of the library - see my book haul -  which is set on an island on the coast of Wales. But I don't own it.....Okay, just in case you have to own the book, I have Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J K Rowling as a back up because it is set in London. I love Clockwork Princess - the epilogue killed me. I haven't read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children yet, but I'm looking forward to it. And as I've said, I love Harry Potter.













Question 4:
Find a book set in a location that you want to travel to.

I have two books for this. I chose Heroes of Olympus: House of Hades by Rick Riordan, not because I want to go to hell! I really desperately want to visit Italy - Venice and Bologna and Rome, as well as other places in Italy. I also really, really want to visit Greece and visit all the ancient temples to the Gods and see the Parthenon. I love Greek Mythology so that would be amazing! I also chose The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because I really want to go to America. Really badly! I also really want to go to Amsterdam! I really enjoyed House of Hades and I love TFiOS!











Question 5:
Find a book that is your favourite colour.

Blue is my favourite colour, so again I picked The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because that is such a pretty colour! I also love the blue on the cover of Wonder by R J Palacio, which is a beautiful book - here's the blurb on Goodreads - which is a slightly calmer shade of blue. The cover of Fangirl is beautiful as well, but I don't own that - I've ordered it though....I have a problem, I need to stop! I have too many books to read already.... Loved both of these books and can't wait to read Fangirl! I feel like it's going to be so relatable.



You'll be with me soon my precious..... --------------->







Question 6:
Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

I think this would have to be Harry Potter. I read this book series in primary school and through these books I became closer friends with four amazing people. We created our own little group called MERBL - I made it up from each of our initials. So proud ;) - we called each other by the names of a Harry Potter character that we picked and I was so happy once I found these friends. I haven't stayed in contact with all of them but I love remembering the times we had together and those memories make me happy.
I could have gone with The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, which was the first proper book I read when I was 6/7 (I think...) but I'm going with Harry Potter on this one.

Question 7:
Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

Hmmm....Probably Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, which is the second Beautiful Creatures book. It just kept on going and I found it really confusing and a bit boring and I just found it really difficult to finish it. I did finish the series but it was a drag trying to finish them!

And finally,
Question 8:
Which book on your To-Be Read shelf will give you the biggest sense of accomplishment to finish?

Not a book, but books and that is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Seen the films and loved them, read the Hobbit when I was 9 or 10 (I think....I really want to re-read it!) but I have never got around to reading the books - guess what my summer is going to be? That's right. LoTR trilogy reading marathon ;) Because I have a social
life.....ha ha....ha....ha.....*coughs* ahem......

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post guys! I certainly enjoyed writing it :)
If any of you reading this want to try this, go ahead! I tag anybody who hasn't tried this and wants to.

Thanks reading guys

xoxo,
Bethan

P.S. I saw Divergent on Friday. It was amazing!


Ahhh, what a beautiful book pile that is. I can't tell you how precarious it was. It was wobbling the entire time I was focusing and as soon as I took the picture, it collapsed! But it was a beautiful book pile while it was standing >.<

2 comments

  1. This was so amazing! I loved reading it so much, and couldn't help but squeal on the inside. I suppose you can say I was fangirling a bit. Can't help it when an awesome person talks about awesome books. ;)

    I must try this one, it seems like loads of fun! :)

    xoxo,
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you :) I had so much fun writing it, it was amazing >.< Awww, I fangirl every time you comment! You are awesomer (I have now made that a word...) I promise you I'm not awesome ;) But I agree, they are awesome books!

      It is so much fun, please try it!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx