- new posts every sunday -

Saturday 7 February 2015

Randomness & Sacrificing Books

Hellooooo my beauties! Sorry for this post being a day late - it was my brother's birthday yesterday :)

My wrists smell really nice because I used some of my friend's Lady Gaga Black Fluid perfume and it smells AMAZING.

That was completely random, I just thought I'd let you know haha! XD

I'm not really too sure what to post but I don't want to ruin my good streak!

Ummm...

I got my mock results back! They were the reason for my absence - working hard - and I did really well!

English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - C (I'm rubbish at Physics... think I'm going to get a tutor)
French - A
History - A
Religious Studies - A*

So I'm really happy :D School has calmed down now, so I've had more time to read but still not as much as I'd like, which is annoying. Currently Reading Shatter Me, and really enjoying it! Why are the bad guys so attractive?

I saw Big Hero 6 on Wednesday! It was reeaaalllyyyy good. :) I cried a lil bit... I was the oldest person there that wasn't a parent and the only one crying.... so emotional :'(

I really have no idea what to talk about, so I'm going to do the Book Sacrifice Tag from YouTube because it looks really fun!

1. You're in a book shop and suddenly there's a zombie apocalypse. It's announced over the speakers that the only way to kill the zombies is to throw an over-hyped book at them. Which book do you choose?

Definitely the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. So many people adore this trilogy and I just URGH. Lena annoyed me, Alex annoyed me, Hannah confused me, the romance was annoying. Just everything was frustrating, did not enjoy it at all. :/

2. You've just got a beautiful new hair-do at the hairdresser's when you look outside and it's pouring with rain. Which sequel do you sacrifice to use as an umbrella?

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. I loved Uglies - such an amazing premise and I found the writing and plot really interesting and yeah, just great. And then Pretties was just like a repeat. As was Specials.
Pretties was just so bleh and bleak - was not a fan.

3. Your English teacher is going on and on about how this one classic is amazing and revolutionised literature. You hated this classic and end up throwing it at your teacher. Which classic do you choose?

This is quite hard because I haven't read many classics, and the ones I have, I've loved. Does Romeo and Juliet count as a classic? Because I despise that play. They've literally known each other for a few hours, and then sUDDENLY THEY'RE MARRIED AND COMMITTING SUICIDE FOR THEIR PASSIONATE LOVE WOAH HOLD UP WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! So stupid.

4. You're in a library and then global warming strikes. It's freezing outside so you have to stay indoors and burn books to stay warm. Which book do you run to first to burn?

Either Gone Girl or the Beautiful Creatures series. Either way - DESPISE THEM. Gone Girl was so hyped and I got 30 pages in and was like "I can't" The writing was awful, the characters were horrible and I just wasn't interested. So I Googled the ending.... And Beautiful Creatures.... The first book was okay.. and then the rest of them..... *shudders* never again.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post. Have a lovely, week, I love you all ♥

Bethan
xxxxxx

6 comments

  1. Congratulations on your results. I'm glad your mocks went well!
    To tell the truth, Romeo and Juliet has always bugged me as well. I love most Shakespeare plays, but Romeo and Juliet just annoyed me. As you said, how can someone fall in love so quickly? They can't have been willing to commit suicide for each other after that amount of time only? Something just isn't right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!
      Yeah, I love Shakespeare but Romeo and Juliet was just unbelievable. They fell in love within a few hours and a few hours later were married?! :O I know, it just doesn't make sense. :/

      Bethan
      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. How can you get an A in Biology? I have a B... But other than that my grades are all A's as of now. I need to keep them up big time. :) Gone Girl is really hyped and intense. Like, in Language Arts class two weeks ago, that's all we talked about. We are a random bunch. Just last Friday my group in the same class spent thirty minutes trying to say the word "femininity." And I've been hesitant to read Beautiful Creatures... I don't think I'm going to. >.<

    Romeo and Juliet... It's annoying, right? I like Much Ado About Nothing better. Like, if you read the script, they actually do things that are just weird and disgusting... The characters are probably fourteen and fifteen year olds. Just, stop. But as for Big Hero 6... I cried so much, three times. I cried the scene after the university was set on fire, I cried when Hiro said, "Tadashi's... Gone." I cried when Baymax showed the video, and I cried when Baymax had to... In the portal.... You know. It was such a funny movie though and very uplifting. A bit formumatic, but there seemed to be some sort of vibe that really really refreshing. I loved it so much.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I have a really good Biology teacher. :) It's Physics I struggle with! I've been told the film is amazing, but I'm 3 years too young to watch it. The book just didn't wow me at all. Femininity is a very hard word to say (and type!) I wouldn't, if I were you, but some people love the books, so it's up to you!

    SOOO annoying! Yes, reading the script in class was a bit... *coughs* :/
    Big Hero 6 was so emotional! YES the bit in the portal is when I cried :'( Such a great film, it was a great blend of Disney and sort of Anime type story. Amazing. :D

    Bethan
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guuurl how are you so good at everything?? If that had been my report card half of those would've been B's. I'm not good at physics either - I took the course last year and never got anything higher than a C+. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, I'm really not though! I just work reaaalllyy hard - don't want to be the failure of my intelligent family! Naw, Bs are great! The majority of my year got Ds :/

      Bethan
      xxxxxx

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx