- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Go, Set A Watchman

Hello wonderful people!

So, I know it's not a Friday. And I know I'm not scheduled to post. But I just had to blog about this exciting news!

One of my all time favourite books is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I adore this book (and the film) and I think its messages are ones that will stay with me for life. I think this book will stay with me for life.

Harper Lee has never written another book after To Kill A Mockingbird.

UNTIL NOW!!!!!

She has just announced that on July 14th, her second book will be published!!!! 'Go, Set A Watchman' is a sequel, of sorts, to TKAM, and tells the story of a grown up Scout. Harper Lee originally wrote this sequel from the POV of grown up Scout, with flashbacks. But her publisher said she preferred the flashbacks and so Lee wrote a book entirely about Scout's childhood - et voila, To Kill A Mockingbird. But today/recently, a friend of Harper Lee found the original script and it is now being published!

I'M SO EXCITED YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND OH MY GOOOOSSSHHHHH.

*fangirl moment over* (kinda)

Anyway, that's all for now. I just wanted to share that EXCTING news with you.

I hope you all have a lovely week. Love you!

Bethan
xxxxxx

"For thus the Lord said to me; "God, set a watchman; let him announce what he sees.""
Isiah 21

6 comments

  1. OMG!!!! Gosh I was so disappointed when I found out that TKAM did not have a sequel but OMG!!! I. CAN'T. WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Cannot wait! XD

      Bethan
      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. That sounds awesome! i love to kill a mockingbird. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book! I wuv it <3

      xxxxxx
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. Ohhh myyy goshhh I saw this and I tweeted about it!! I know, I am seriously so excited as well. It's monumental!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO EXCITED! Absolutely monumental - I have no doubt it will become part of the English Literature syllabus alongside To Kill A Mockingbird. Very high expectations.

      Bethan
      xxxxx

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx