- new posts every sunday -

Sunday 3 August 2014

Words #6: Summer

 {photo 1 | 2 | 3 }


Summer
noun

1. The warmest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from June to August and in the southern hemisphere from December to February.

Summer is here. Long days, short nights. Hot sun, cool breezes. Dresses, sandals, light hair, tanned skin. Green trees, bright flowers. Walks on the beach, feet dipped into streams, water fights. Reading outside, picnics, lying in the grass with your friends, making daisy chains.
But Summer is going to be leaving soon. Shorter days, longer nights. Weaker sun, harsher breezes. Jeans, boots, dark hair, light skin. Brown trees, wilting flowers. Too cold for anything like that. School starts again.
Let's enjoy summer, before it leaves.

Thanks for reading.

8 comments

  1. A really nice post and great descriptive thoughts. I really like the pretty photographs as well. Good post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I do as well - I saw them on Pinterest and immediately loved them!

      I have followed your blog on bloglovin - such a pretty design!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Kat! It really means a lot to me. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. You make summer sound wonderful. I wish I lived there. Here summers are hot and humid and few hours of electricity a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. :( It's not always like that here. Usually it's torrential rain - we've been lucky this year!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx