- new posts every sunday -

Monday 11 August 2014

Randomness and Ramblings

Helloooooo!
First of all - I am really sorry for no Creative Thursday last week. I have been really super busy since last Wednesday and will be super busy for the rest of the holidays, which may or may not mean infrequent posting. Seriously, I have been so busy. 
On Wednesday, I went to the cinema to see Guardians of the Galaxy, which was amazing. Then on Thursday I went into town early to wait for Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman to arrive for the Dr. Who premiere. I got autographs and a few photos with daleks, so it was a pretty good day. I then met up with my cousin for some lunch and a wander around, where I bought a Lego Star-Lord (the main character from Guardians of the Galaxy) which I love. Friday, I went into town again with Lauren where I bought an awesome Gryffindor t-shirt. XD I then slept over hers and came home late morning on Saturday, where I went back into town to say bye to my brothers who were going to a football game and wandered around with my parents for a bit and then Charlotte came over on Sunday afternoon, which was fun.
So I have a good excuse for not posting. :)
I just want to sit down and read but, alas, I am still busy. Tomorrow I'm going ice skating with my friend Olivia and Charlotte. Wednesday I'm leaving to stay at my godmother's house until Monday. Tuesday, my cousin is coming over to watch some films - she has never seen Lilo & Stitch, or Catching Fire! I have to right this wrong - and Wednesday I'm seeing an old friend. I have one day to relax then on Friday I'm off to London for the weekend.
Ahhhh, I'm so tired! I'm very sorry if I don't post regularly - as you can see, I probably have a good reason.
I won't be posting a Creative Thursday this week, or a normal post next week, as I'm not taking my laptop to my godmother's. However, I will then post a Creative Thursday before I leave for London, and once I am back I will do a normal post.
I just thought I'd let you know when I should be posting and when I won't be. Sorry for the information dump, haha!

I have just finished How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. It was okay. A bit weird and a bit depressing, but the writing style was interesting. Not one that would instantly come to mind when recommending books. I am now going to read Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead, which is the third book in the Vampire Academy series. I loved Frostbite, so am really looking forward to reading it.

It is 30 days until my birthday. YAY! Books! >.< I have a list of books that I have given to my mum. I said to her 'If any relatives don't know what to get me, just give them the list' Hehe. Guaranteed book haul after my birthday...

I am loooovvving the song Rude by Magic! at the moment. Lauren was singing it constantly when I was with her, and then she played it for me and now I am constantly singing it. It's such a great summer song. I've put the original and the acoustic version below because I love both of them. :)



I've just re-painted my nails because the polish was chipped, so I'm typing really weird at the moment...
It's raining outside but it will stop in a minute. It's been one of those days - rain pouring down, and then sunny. Weird.

Here is my entry for Paige's Photo Challenge: Category 7, which was a Summer Outfit.



I feel like this post needs more to it.... I'll do a book tag from YouTube. I have a Word document with a list of them because I watch too many BookTube videos....

Because I love Greek Mythology, I will do the Gods of Olympus Book Tag. *plays epic music*

1. Zeus - Name your favourite fictional leader.
Um.....That's a hard one. I suppose Harry Potter because he is a great leader. He leads Dumbledore's Army, and he's just so level-headed and awesome. So yeah. Harry Potter.

2. Hera - Who are your favourite fictional parents?
There aren't many parents in YA....I mean
Harry Potter - dead parents
Hunger Games - distant/dead parents
Divergent - dead parents
TMI - psychotic parent
TID - dead parents
Percy Jackson - away from parents
I'll have to go with the Weasleys because... come on. The Weasleys. Who wouldn't want to live in the Burrow with a bunch of amazing, hilarious red-heads? They're just the best parents.

3. Demeter - Which fictional food would you like to try?
Hmm.... Butterbeer from Harry Potter. Actual butterbeer. Or maybe some ambrosia from Percy Jackson. I might die, but eh.

4. Poseidon - Name a book where water is central, in setting or plot.
Catching Fire, I suppose. Water is very central there. Or the Percy Jackson series because ya know.... he's Poseidon's son.

5. Dionysus - Which fictional character do you want to party with?
Will Herondale, for sure! I love him.

6. Apollo - What was a debut novel that you loved and was fantastic?
Divergent. That book... one of my favourites. And it was Veronica Roth's first book. That... that's just crazy! I want to be Veronica Roth. She's 25, has a husband, three #1 best selling books and movie deals for all of those books. I want that life...

7. Artemis - Who is your favourite female heroine?
Hmm... I do love Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices. She's a fantastic female heroine. And obviously Hermione Granger. I mean, she isn't the lead, but she's the main female character.

8. Athena - Name a wise fictional character.
Hermione Granger obviously. She's extremely wise.

9. Hermes - If you could travel to one fictional setting, where would you go?
Obviously Hogwarts. I mean, come on.

10. Hephaestus - If you could have one fictional tool, weapon or gadget, what would you have?
Ooo, that's a tough o- A WAND. So I can do magic and go to Hogwarts and stuff...

11. Ares - Which fictional battle is your favourite?
There are so many fantastic fictional battles. Like the one at the end of The Last Olympian, or the one at the end of City of Heavenly Fire. Or the one at the end of Battle of the Labyrinth, or at the end of Half-Blood Prince that everyone always forgets because they didn't put it in the movie. But how could I go with anything other than the Battle of Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That. Battle.

12. Aphrodite - Who is your ultimate ship?
I have so many.... I think... The love triangle in The Infernal Devices. The hardest ship that ever did sail. That love triangle was written so well and was so heartbreaking because I loved them aaaaallll.

13. Hades - If you could bring back one fictional character from the dead, who would you choose?
There are so many dead characters...... There will be spoilers for Mockingjay and the Harry Potter series in this answer so scroll past really quickly if you haven't read either of those books!
I don't think I'd choose Dumbledore, because he lived a really long life, and I don't think I'd choose Fred, Lupin, Tonks or Hedwig because those deaths were necessary, I think. Like Hedwig's death sort of symbolised the end of Harry's childhood, and Lupin and Tonks' deaths were just.... they were realistic, because someone we loved was going to die. And Fred's death was just written so well that I can't say him. Maybe Finnick in Mockingjay because I feel like that death wasn't really necessary. But then, that was written exceptionally well also. I'm leaning towards Sirius Black because he could have had a really positive impact on Harry's life, having that father figure. And Order of the Phoenix was just such a depressing book because everything was going wrong - Harry wasn't a prefect, he lost his broom, he wasn't on the Quidditch team anymore, and Umbridge was there. And then Sirius. So, yeah. I choose Sirius.

14. Morpheus - If you could be the god/goddess of anything you wanted, what would you want to be and what do you think would fit your personality?
I'd love to be like Hecate, the goddess of magic. Or the goddess of reading, which I think that fits my personality pretty well. Goddess of social awkwardness would fit my personality....

Well that was fun! I hope you enjoyed that. :) I'll post next Thursday. Goodbye!

Thanks for reading

17 comments

  1. I would love to check out your YouTube channel. Do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a YouTube channel. I just watch some BookTube videos. Sorry!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Awesome! You autographs from Daleks? I so wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get autographs but I got loads of pictures - I'll post them next time, I think. :) It was amazing, but everything ached afterwards!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for the Beautiful Blog Award!
    http://anotherenchantedland.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-beautiful-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, but I won't be doing it - I'm having a break from awards. But thank you!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  4. I nominated you for the sunshine award! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I'm taking a break from awards, but thanks!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  5. thanks for wathcing guardians of the galaxy while i sit here in jealousy. haha:)
    but as always, lovely post!
    xx. pris
    over the rainbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's sooooo good!
      Thank you so much!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  6. I awarded you the Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I won't be doing it. >.< but thanks. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  7. I nominated you for the beautiful blog award!
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2014/08/beautiful-blog-award-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, but I won't be doing any awards for a while now!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  8. I finished my entry for your writing contest! The link to it is below!
    http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com/2014/08/poem-i-dont-know-what-to-call-it-yet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for entering! :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx