- new posts every sunday -

Thursday 21 August 2014

I'm back! - Creative Thursday & news

Hey guys!
I am back from my Godmother's, as of Monday, but I was super tired and didn't really feel like posting - sorry! And I've been busy Tuesday and Wednesday, with my cousin over and seeing an old friend with Lauren and Megan (she's recently started her blog, go check it out now. You should definitely do that. ;D )
But you're getting a post today before I leave for London - but more about that and other things later on. First, Creative Thursday!

{via Pinterest}
She clutches her train ticket, not letting her one chance of freedom slip through her fingers like sand. Her left knee bounces, the balls of her feet just barely touching the ground. She stands up and paces along the platform, staring into the blackness, waiting for the train. She sits down again and bites her thumbnail, glancing down the track every few seconds. She picks up her empty coffee cup, then places it down again - she doesn't dare get a new one now. She could miss her train, and that would end it all. This is her one chance, her only chance to get away from them. All she needs is to get on that train and she is free. She prays that nobody will try to strike up a conversation, that nobody will sit next to her, that nobody will recognise her. She lowers her head, hiding the lower half of her face in her warm scarf. Her stomach growls, angry at her for not eating anything. But she couldn't afford the time it would take to grab a burger or a doughnut. She was risking it grabbing a coffee, but she was so tired, she was afraid she'd fall asleep on the bench by the side of the tracks and miss her train. She would buy some food on the train. She could wait. All she needs is to get on the train.
'Of all the trains to be delayed, why this one?' She thinks.
She un-tucks her hair from behind her ears, letting it fall across her face, hiding it from strangers.
'I am invisible.'
"Um.. Excuse me? May I sit here?"
She glances up, cursing in her mind. A tall boy, a couple of years older than her, stares down at her with warm brown eyes. He pushes a curl of brown hair out of his eyes and smiles nervously at her.
"Sure." She replies. This is the last thing she needs.
'Obviously not as invisible as I thought.'

Well, I hope you liked that! It's just a quick thing that I might use in a story at some point.
Right, news.

I am off to London tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. I think I will post sometime on Tuesday, because I'll be tired and unpacking on Monday. The post will probably be pictures of London and stuff I bought, so that gives you some idea. :) I'm so excited!

You have 10 days to enter my writing competition. Information about that here. Make sure if you are interested in entering, you enter by the deadline - 31st August, midnight, your time. I have had 12 entries so far, which is amazing - a lot more than I thought I would get! They are all wonderful!

Urgh, it's raining. *sigh* Let's hope it's better weather in London this weekend!

Right, well that's all I think. Bye guys.
Thanks for reading

20 comments

  1. Ahhh, London! I wish I could go. Haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - I've never been before and I'm so excited! <3

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that story was all loveliness. <3
    You're reading Shadow Kiss! *dances* Care to give me any thoughts about the first books in the series? I'd love to hear them. :)
    Have fun in London! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, aww thank you! <3
      I've just finished it a couple of days ago - it was AMAZING! I'm now reading Blood Promise because I need to know what happens NOW. The ending was so sad. :( I quite liked the first book, but I wasn't knocked off my feet by how awesome it was. But I carried on because so many people say "Don't let the first book put you off, it gets so much better." And it definitely does. Listen to that advice if you were put off by Vampire Academy. It gets sooooooooo much better!
      I will, thank you!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  3. Hi Bethan! I nominate you for a liebster award! Its over here-> http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/08/award.html
    -xoxo
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much but I'm not doing any awards right now. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  4. Hi. I love your blog so much! Your writing, your images, your whole setting out! It's all so peaceful and lovely and omigosh I've always wanted to go to London!! Aha also, just read the last comment someone left on here. Just wanted to say, I love Vampire Academy, but I love the prequel, Bloodlines, more. ;)

    -M
    http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you ever so much - that really means a lot to me. :) London was AMAZING! I'll be doing a post on it tomorrow probably. I am absolutely loving Blood Promise at the moment - Dimitri why? :'( - and I'm reeeeaalllly looking forward to picking up the Bloodlines series. :D

      I've followed your lovely little blog!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  5. I love that story. And I hope you have a great and wonderful time in London, I would love to go there. :) Here's a tag for you, the liebster award .

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a wonderful time, thanks - there should be a post tomorrow. :) Thank you so much but I'm not doing any tags or awards for the moment. I'll be starting up again in late September I think.

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  6. Hey Bethan! I nominated you for an all new blogger tag! Its super simple, so you don't need to rush or anything! Heres the link to check it out: http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-big-helper-tag.html
    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I'll do this one as I've never done it before. :)

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  7. Hey, Bethan! My entry for your writing contest has been posted!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bethan! I didn't see the Summer Rewind Tag anywhere…did I just miss it or something? Thanks! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I commented on your blog and then went to publish the post with it on but it wouldn't publish, for some reason. :/ I'll try again later - so keep checking back! So sorry!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete
  9. Hey, you've been nominated for the Liebster Award!

    http://awkwarddonkey.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-blog-award-6.html

    ~~~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, but I'm not going to be doing awards until around late September. But thanks for nominating me!

      xoxo,
      Bethan

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx