- new posts every sunday -

Sunday 3 September 2017

a plan for september


The day after my last post was spent planning planning planning. I got out a notebook I use mainly for doodles and calligraphy practice and got to work sorting out a schedule and planning posts for all of September.

Here's the plan: I will be posting every Sunday, and will write an overview of what I'll be posting in the month to come on the Friday before the first Sunday of the month (that sentence is a bit of a mouthful). The overview post will be very similar to what I'm writing now - obviously I couldn't do it on the Friday before this Sunday because I had to write a quick 'hello I'm back' post and create this schedule.

I'm hoping writing out a plan for each month will help me stick to my schedule and mean my posts are more thought out and enjoyable. Obviously if there's something pressing I want to talk about (like the post I wrote about Carrie Fisher after she passed away) then I'll write that and use my scheduled post another time.

I'll also be posting a monthly favourites on the last Sunday of every month (which I attempted to start doing this time last year) just because I know I love reading about the books, films, TV shows and music people are enjoying at the moment, so I'm hoping you'll enjoy reading about my current favourites.

Now I've got all that scheduling talk out of the way, here's everything I've got planned for you this September:

SUNDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER: A Plan for September
This post. You're reading it right now. Hello. I just thought I'd include this Sunday so you've got an overview of the whole month.

SUNDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER: 17 Things I've Learnt at 17
The 10th is my 18th birthday (eek!) so I thought I'd write a post about the many life lessons I have learnt during my 17th year - big, small, insignificant, they have all changed my life in some way or another. I also might include a little note at the bottom letting you know all the exciting stuff I got for my birthday, as I know my family have got me some pretty big and amazing presents for me (they won't shut up about them!) and I can't wait to learn what they are.

SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER: The Soundtrack to my Life
Music is a huge part of my life - I listen to it on the train into town, when I'm hanging out with my friends, on my way to school, while I'm revising (I'm listening to it right now - Seaside by The Kooks is playing at the moment). I've seen this tag done a lot on Youtube and I think it's a great idea. I'll be answering questions like "what song do you listen to when you're happy?" and "what is your guilty pleasure song?" and by the end of the post, I'll have a soundtrack for this part of my life. I'm just really excited to share some of my favourite music with you guys! I'll probably leave a link to my Spotify at the end so you guys can check out more of my playlists if you want.

SUNDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER: September Favourites
This will follow the same layout I used last time - I'll split my favourites into categories (books, films/tv shows, music, and miscellaneous) with around 3-4 favourites for each category, and I'll give you guys a bit of information about them and why I've been loving them this month. I am considering putting in a 5th category for fashion/makeup, so let me know in the comments if that's an addition you'd like.

I've planned each of these posts already (minus the favourites, because I don't know what I'm going to discover and love in September - I, unfortunately, cannot predict the future!) so they will definitely be coming to you on time - my logic is that I can't not stick to my schedule when everything is essentially written already. I'm also hoping to sort out my blog's design. As you can tell, it is currently ~under construction~ and I'm hoping to make everything beautiful and fit the image I have in my head by next month. I'm also hoping to have taken some photos that will match my posts' themes, as I'm currently just using pretty pictures I took this summer*.

I hope you're as excited as I am for this month's posts - I'm so happy to be blogging and writing again! Let me know down below which post you're most excited for (and whether or not you'd like to see a fashion and makeup category in my monthly favourites).

Thank you all for sticking with me through my many absences! Have a wonderful Sunday.

B x


*technically Anna took the above photo but sshh

6 comments

  1. BETHAN!!!!!!!!

    It feels so good to see you back in the blogging world- I've missed you. <3 I am so excited to see what you have coming to us. I recently revamped my whole blog and I am absolutely loving it. ^-^ It feels good to take a break and then come back all fresh and new.

    I am super excited for all of your posts. AND YES PLEASE WRITE ABOUT MAKEUP AND FASHION BECAUSE WOWOW I LOVE YOUR STYLE. <33 Also- HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND! *insert confetti emojis here*

    Much love,
    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to BE back! I've missed you toooo <3 I love a fresh start, which is why I'm trying to get a whole new design (I LOVE yours by the way - pastel orange is a beautifullll colour) I'm so glad you're excited!! I will definitely write about fashion and makeup now that I know you'd enjoy that - I didn't want to start including stuff about clothes just because I like talking about fashion. And THANK YOU for the early birthday message! I'm so excited (but I'll also officially be an adult ://)

      Love you lots,
      Bethan xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for all of these posts, oh my goodness! And I definitely would love to hear about fashion and makeup:)

    I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT YOU'RE BACK WOW <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you're excited!! I'M ALSO SO HAPPY I'M BACK, I'VE MISSED THIS <3

      Delete
  3. So excited for this and so happy to have you back in the blogosphere!!! <3 :')
    xo,
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx