- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 31 March 2015

easter holidays, poetry & posting ideas

Hey guys!

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy it's the Easter Holidays! :0 I've been needing a serious break, albeit a break filled with revision, planning and panic. It's so nice to get up at 10am and do work in PJ bottoms and an over-sized Hogwarts hoodie, drink tea and go makeup free - it's great to be able to rub my eyes and not have mascara smudges under my eyes as a result! Are you on break at the moment? I hope you have nice things planned! I think the only social thing I'm doing is going shopping with my biffle Charlotte next week, which should be fun - I haven't been shopping in a while, and there are a few things I need to get (as well as pop into Waterstones - the UK version of Barnes and Noble - to see why they're taking so long with my work experience!)

Sooooo, I had my school Eisteddfod (eye-steth-vod) last week - it's basically a huge event celebrating Welsh Culture and the arts. You are put into 1 of 4 houses when you start school - kind of like Hogwarts, but it's not based on your qualities, it's just random haha. In your house, you can enter into competitions in the Eisteddfod - on-stage and off-stage. On-stage competitions are things like junior (years 7-9) and senior (years 10-13) song, dance, english and welsh dramatisations, house band and house choir. Off-stage competitions are for each department, so there's a competition for Art, History, Maths, Geography etc. One for each subject, basically.

The English competition is probably the most important off-stage competition, and the most traditional in the Eisteddfod - which I just googled and is a tradition in Wales from the 12th Century :0. It's a poetry competition to become the Bard. In my school, it's split into Junior and Senior. I entered for Senior, and... I came 4th! I was up against a lot of talented writers in my year and the three years above me. And I beat all but 3 of them. Goodness, I was so happy! Wow, it was amazing.
My poem was based off of this post. I might post it if you want. :)

I was just thinking; what do you guys want to see more of on more blog? What do you want my posts to be about? Do you prefer reading my writings/poetry? Would you like more book reviews/book related things? Do you enjoy these catch-up, chatty posts, or do you want more structured posts? More photos? Let me know in the comments below. >.<

Love you all loads ♥

- B
xxxxxx


No comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx