- new posts every sunday -

Saturday 20 February 2016

rip Harper Lee

Before I start, I'd just like to say: I hope you all like my new(ish) design. I haven't changed the actual design, or the layout, but I created a new header - I'm so in love with the cursive font - and I've added photos to my About and Contact page. Have a browse, if you want. :)

As some of you may have heard, Harper Lee died yesterday (19th February), at the age of 89. I studied To Kill A Mockingbird last year for the first 50% of my English Literature GCSE, but honestly, it didn't feel like work.

To Kill A Mockingbird is definitely one of my favourite books, and I think it always will be. It's one of those timeless books that was read when it was first published, is read now, and will be read in 50 years time.

It's a book that promotes equality and pure goodness, and Atticus Finch, while fictional, is one of the best role models for anybody. As is Harper Lee - as one of the most famous authors in history, you would expect her to have become egotistical, big-headed, and a lover of the spotlight. Quite the opposite is true - she was rarely seen in the media, and never let the fame and praise on an entire planet go to her head.

She will be missed greatly by all.

RIP Harper Lee.

(Sorry for the short post - I'll write something a bit longer next, but I felt I said all that needed to be said about this tragic passing. Thanks for reading x)

5 comments

  1. I read To Kill A Mockingbird at the recommendation of my dad. Seeing as my dad isn't a book person, I felt like it had to be good! It was, and I enjoy reading it still. Great post Bethan!

    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fantastic book - I have yet to read Go Set A Watchman, but I've moved it further up my TBR list after Harper Lee's passing. I'm so glad you liked my post!
      xx

      Delete
    2. I tagged you to do the Infinity Dreams tag! :)

      http://celiaboldizar.blogspot.com/2016/02/infinity-dreams-tag.html

      Delete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx