- new posts every sunday -

Thursday 18 February 2016

reintroducing myself

After posting yesterday, I decided to tidy up my blog by finally writing my About and Contact pages. Writing my About page made me realise how much I've changed since I started this blog in 2013.

So I thought I'd reintroduce myself, with some this or that questions. If you want to know more about my personal interests, check out my About page - this post is just going to be quick answers to random questions I thought of or found online.

Cats or Dogs?

I am definitely a dog person! I have a golden retriever called Ruby. I think cats are cute, but definitely dogs!

Tea or Coffee?

Tea!!!!!

Instagram or Twitter?

I love both, and use them regularly, but I think Instagram just because of the friends I've made through my book account, and the fun I have taking and posting photos.

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Pfffttt, Star Wars obviously! Have any of you seen The Force Awakens yet? I've seen it four times, and I cry every time. I've also just finished a Star Wars re-watch marathon. It's one of my favourite franchises.

Kindle or Books?

I was given a kindle for a Christmas present a few years ago - I bought 5 books on it, and then bought all of those books in physical form. Soon after, I gave my kindle to my mum. I just missed the feel of the pages and the smell of a new book.

Team Cap or Team Tony?

Is anybody actually Team Tony? Captain America is clearly on the right side. I'm so excited for Civil War to come out.

Early bird or Night owl?

Night owl - I like my sleep too much to get up early and I always end up scrolling through Instagram until midnight.

Sweets or Chocolate?

I do love sweets, but definitely chocolate. I get tired of sweets really quickly, but I never tire of chocolate.

Marvel or DC Comics?

Marvel. I love Batman - especially the Christopher Nolan trilogy - but Marvel have too many amazing characters, films and TV shows to not be my favourite. Have any of you seen Daredevil or Jessica Jones on Netflix? Or Agent Carter? They're some of my favourite TV shows - I can't wait for the second series of Daredevil and JJ. I've just started watching the second series of Agent Carter, as it's only just airing in the UK.

Sun or Rain?

I love the sun, but I find rain so calming. I love being in bed and listening to a storm outside, or being outside and splashing in puddles. Sunny weather is lovely, and I'd hate it to rain all the time, but it does rain the majority of the time in Wales, so I have to see the positives of it!

Maths or English?

English! I'd love to do English and French at university. Languages fascinate me, but it's definitely the literature aspect of English that makes it my favourite. I think primary school-me would be shocked to hear that I enjoyed Maths during my GCSE years, and that I got an A* in my November exam. I've now dropped Maths, despite my enjoyment of it, to give myself frees where I can focus on my other subjects. So, English.

Summer or Winter?

I think Winter. I prefer being cold than hot. I love snuggling up in blankets and wearing layers and layers of woolly jumpers and thick socks.

Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

I loved the LotR films as a child - Legolas my toddler-self's dream man (still is, to be honest) - but Harry Potter is and always will be one of my favourite book series. I'm so excited for the Cursed Child to be published!

Coke or Pepsi?

I don't really have a preference, I'll drink either.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Neither? I hate both of them. Anything made from that weird batter stuff I just... bleurgh. Unless smothered in Nutella and covered in strawberries, I can't eat either of them. Sorry.

Shower or Bath?

I have both regularly, but I think I prefer showers. They're just quicker, and they allow me to dance around while belting out Disney songs.

Ketchup or Mustard?

Ketchup! Mustard is disgusting.

Movies or Reading?

I think this is pretty obvious, but reading. Obviously I love films, but there's nothing quite like reading words and imagining new worlds, characters and relationships, playing out scenes in your head and smiling at the love or hate or worry you feel for fictional people.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I just thought I'd do a short post to reintroduce myself, as I have changed since the last time I talked about me as a person. I also have a lot of work to do today - including the reshelving of all of my books (I had to stack them on my floor as I've changed my bookcase for a floor-to-ceiling one) and just general school work.

I'll post something better - and a bit more thought out - soon. Hopefully tomorrow!

Thank you for reading. Please comment below if you agree, or disagree, with any of my answers. x

7 comments

  1. I'm really happy you've started blogging again - I have just followed, or signed back in again - I'm not sure which, haha! Great post Bethan, I am basically exactly the same as you bar the Harry Potter/Lord of The Rings - I don't watch either (!) and Pancakes/Waffles - I LOVE them both slightly too much ;)

    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I am too :) Hahah, you should definitely watch Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings! They're both really great adaptations! Yes, I think I'm definitely in the minority that don't like pancakes or waffles. I'm so glad you liked the post. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. While I prefer real books, I must say that kindles have their advantages. For one kindle books are way cheaper! And you can take your whole library on holiday with you instead of having to take just a few books. But I still do prefer real books. We don't buy many nowadays though because my whole family has kindles and if we buy kindle books everyone can read the book at once instead of having to take turns.
    Great intro! I looked back on my about page a while back and realised that it was hopelessly out of date as well. But lazy old me hasn't written a new one yet. Instead I've just taken the page off. I will have to get around to fixing that. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely have their advantages, but you can't beat real books :) That's true, you can share kindle books with each other, which is really useful.
      I'm glad you liked the post! I just knew I had to get round to it at some point - I'm so pleased that I did.

      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're back! I tagged you on my blog!
    xo,
    -Anna <3
    www.demigodsandunicornsblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!! I found myself agreeing to a lot of these things! I'm definitely a dogs person and more of an Instagram girl! I love both the rain and sun! I just discovered your blog and gave it a follow! I can't wait to see more posts!
    Alicia hashtaglovebooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx