- new posts every sunday -

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Monthly favourites + Book haul

Hey guys! So today I thought I'd mix my already planned book haul with a November Favourites. I'll start with the book haul.
I only have a few books but I thought I'd still do a book haul because I wanted to see how it turned out. Most of them are from my local library but I have bought some. I also haven't read any of these books yet unless I say so.
The first book I took out of my library is Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah.
A friend of mine read this book and absolutely loved it. Since then I have been meaning to read it but have never gotten round to it. I saw it in the library and decided to take it out because I knew if I didn't I'd forget about it. I am really looking forward to reading it! It's based on a true story and is about Adeline's child hood in China during the Second World War. Her mother dies two weeks after giving birth to her and Adeline becomes know to her family as bad luck. Her father remarries to a woman who is horrible to her and her brother while her half-brother and half-sister are spoiled. You can see the similarities between this story and Cinderella, which is why I thought it sounded like such an interesting book.






Another book I got out from the library was Wish Me Dead by Helen Grant.
The blurb of this book intrigued me - it sounded interesting and I wanted to give it a try as I have read another of Helen Grant's books - The Vanishing of Katharina Linden - which I quite enjoyed. Here's the blurb:
I wished Klara Klein dead.
It came true.

I wished for the most gorgeous boy in town to finally notice me.
It came true.

I wished to be rid of the poisonous busybody who destroyed my family.
It came true.

I didn't mean for this to happen. Not me, Steffi Nett, the shy one who never says anything. But as the body count increases with every wish I make...
Who else could it be?
Ooooohhhh, spooky. I just thought it sounded quite good and decided to try it out.
Last book I got from the library is one that I ordered. I saw the third one in the library and decided to get the first one. It is The Declaration by Gemma Malley.
It tells the story of Anna Covey, a 'Surplus'. She was not meant to be born. In a society in which ageing is no longer feared and death is no longer an inevitability, children are an abomination. Anna is living in a Surplus Hall, learning how to make amends for the selfish act her parents committed in having her. One day, a new inmate arrives and Anna's life is thrown into chaos.
So I thought that sounded quite good and decided to get it.



The last books are the Infernal Devices trilogy. I have only recently read the Mortal Instruments and immediately got these books. I am currently reading
Clockwork Prince and am really enjoying them! I don't know who Tessa will end up with - Jem or Will. I absolutely love Jem and think his story is so sad but Will Herondale...
Okay, onto the November Favourites. This month, I have been loving the Infernal Devices trilogy. I have also loved - and still love - the Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie. It was amazing! I also loved the Gabrielle Aplin concert and the Dr Who 50th anniversary - did any of you see it? So good! -  November has been a great month! Hopefully, some of the books in my book haul will be in my December Favourites, which will be a bit more detailed, I just didn't want this post to be too long!
I'll upload something soon.
Bye!

No comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and deciding to comment.

Please be nice!

I will reply to all comments. :)

- B
xxxx